This award recognises the Small to Medium Enterprise that has displayed excellence and/ or innovation in any area of Logistics & Transportation over the past 12 months and can demonstrate the results achieved. We define a SME as having fewer than 250 employees.
Entry is by a 5 A4 page submission (11pt font size minimum); the judges will be looking for clear information backed up by facts, supporting materials and statistics, that pays particular attention to the criteria listed below.
- Background: Please provide a brief background of the organisation, including when the company was established, number of employees, turnover, key team members and their roles, and relevant industry achievements and accreditations.
- Key Projects & Initiatives: Outline significant projects or initiatives that have been undertaken over the past 12 months. Highlight any challenges faced, including the scale of these challenges, and how they were overcome.
- Operational Excellence: Please outline steps taken by the organisation to boost operational performance, including any resulting tangible benefits to your customers. Please also highlight any Health & Safety and CSR initiatives introduced, where relevant, providing clear and measurable results.
- Innovation: Please include details of any unique efforts or processes that have been employed, demonstrating how innovation in the Business or Organisations strategy and/or execution helped the outcome.
- Outcomes & Results: Summarise the outcomes of the efforts including the contribution to business growth and/ or benefits to the company, client/customer satisfaction. Include measurable results and year-on-year statistics, where possible.
- Supporting Facts & Testimonials: Include any other facts or statements that you feel are relevant to support the entry, including client or customer testimonials where possible.