This award recognises the organisation in Ireland’s Logistics and Transportation sector that can demonstrate a comprehensive programme of actions or initiatives which promote sustainability.
This may be through a reduced carbon footprint, a change process within the organisation, a new partnership that demonstrates tangible evidence of environmental benefit or the use of energy saving products and methods.
Entry is by a 5 A4 page submission (11pt font size minimum); the judges will be looking for clear information backed up by facts, supporting materials and statistics, that pays particular attention to the criteria listed below.
- Background: Please provide a background of the sustainability programme including the key team members behind it, the level of senior management buy-in and how it was rolled out across the organisation.
- Training: Describe any relevant training or employee initiatives offered through your organisation, including the levels of staff engagement.
- Execution & Challenges: Describe how the brief was fulfilled in the most sustainable possible manner, including any challenges faced and how the team worked together to overcome them.
- Outcomes & Results: Summarise the outcomes of the programme, detailing benefits to the environment and the organisation in areas such as fuel and CO2 savings, waste minimisation and recycling and the use of sustainable products. Please include facts and figures to back this up, including any downward trends in annual figures.
- Include any other facts or statements that you feel are relevant to support the entry.