This award recognises the efforts made by a player within the logistics and transportation sector towards the efficient and successful running of a warehouse operation over the past 12 months. Their role in the operation of the warehouse must demonstrate both initiative and excellence.
Companies within the logistics and transportations sector who can enter include passenger transport companies, couriers, freight forwarding companies, logistics companies, independent and own account transport operators, among others.
Entry is by a 5 A4 page submission (11pt font size minimum); the judges will be looking for clear information backed up by facts, supporting materials and statistics, that pays particular attention to the criteria listed below.
- Organisation background: Please provide a brief description of the organisation such as when it was established, number of employees and key skills within your team. Please also provide an indication of your turnover and staff growth since inception.
- Key Projects & Initiatives: Please detail significant and specific activities that have contributed to business growth. This can include specific investment, financing, or licensing deals, launch of product or expansion.
- Operational Excellence: Please outline steps taken by the organisation to boost operational performance in this time, including any resulting tangible benefits to your customers.
- Health & Safety: Please demonstrate your organisation’s commitment and strategy towards occupational health and safety providing clear and measurable results.
- Innovation: Please include details of any unique efforts or processes that have been employed, demonstrating the degree of innovation and commercial potential.
- Corporate and Social Responsibility: Please outline the societal impact of the work carried out over the past year, highlighting how sustainability and environmental factors were successfully factored into your planning.
- Outcomes & Results: Summarise the outcomes of these efforts and outline the organisation’s future goals. Please also include testimonials, where possible.